What better weapon for the zombie apocalypse than a chainsaw? A very powerful melee, but one that requires ammo.
|Overclock||Increases the attack speed of your Chainsaw.||Attack Speed +33.33%||1||$8,250|
|Fuel Efficiency||Reduces the amount of fuel taken per ammo mission, from the ammo box.||Fuel Taken -0.25||2||$4,000|
|Steel Chains||Increases the damage of the Chainsaw.||Damage +50||4||$4,250|
|Hungry Chains||Regain health through dealing damage.||Lifesteal +0.5||1||$10,000|
|Fuel Capacity||Increases your fuel capacity.||Fuel +25%||2||$7,500|
|Protective Saw||Gain damage resistance while holding the Chainsaw.||Resistance +20%||1||$10,000|
|Aluminium Body||Reduces the weight of the Chainsaw.||Weight -1||2||$5,000|
- The Chainsaw goes through its ammo quickly, so be sure to know when to refill ahead of time.
- It is a fairly good weapon for dealing with mobs as it can damage up to 3 enemies at once.
- Extra health is recommended as enemies do a significant amount of damage by the time the Chainsaw can be obtained.
- The Chainsaw is one of the few weapons that pairs fairly well with the Pacifist perk. The damage reduction does not impact the healing Hungry Chain provides.
- Due to its high Attack Speed the Chainsaw is very consistent with critical builds, especially if the Arm Breaker perk is used.
- The chainsaw can refuel from Gas Cans if it has been upgraded with Practical Gas. It is not recommended to do so due to it consuming the gas can entirely despite how little ammo you might take.
- When fully upgraded the Chainsaw has a single target DPS of 13,000. If taking full advantage of the pierce, the total DPS is 39,000, which is nearly identical to the headshot DPS of the M82.
- The description of the Fuel Capacity upgrade used to be misspelled.
- The Chainsaw is one of the few weapons that has a weight reduction upgrade with more than one level.
- Chainsaws make poor weapons in real life. They tend to jam.
- There used to be a bug which caused the pierce effect to apply on the same enemy, making it overpowered. This has since been patched.
- As of Version 1.6, the Chainsaw's lifesteal ability only applies to the first enemy damaged. It used to apply to all enemies damaged, greatly increasing the lifesteal effect.
- The chainsaw has a reflectance property applied to the base model making it appear shiny even with skins.
|Pistols||Pistol • C96 • Flintlock Pistol • Luger • USP • Revolver • M93R • Python • Desert Eagle|
|Submachine Guns||Skorpion • Sterling • SMG • Micro Uzi • MP5 • MP40 • Thompson • UMP45 • P90 • Vector|
|Shotguns||Blunderbuss • Stakeout • Sawed-off Shotgun • Double Barreled Shotgun • R870 • Trench Gun • Shotgun • M1014 • AA-12 • USAS-12|
|Assault Rifles||M16 • AK-47 • AK-74 • AUG • M4 • CAR-15 • SCAR-H|
|Rifles||Flintlock Rifle • Kar-98k • M1 Garand • DMR • Intervention • Sniper Rifle • M24 • PSG1|
|Melee||Baseball Bat • Military Axe • Cutlass • Fire Axe • Sword • Machete • Katana • Sledgehammer • Chainsaw|
|Launchers||M203 • M79 • RPG-7 • RG-6 • Rocket Launcher|
|Heavy||BAR • RPK • M249 • MG42 • M82 • M60 • Minigun|
|Laser||Laser Pistol • Laser SMG • Energy Sword • Laser Rifle • Laser Shotgun • Energy Rifle • Laser Minigun|
|Special||Flare Gun • Crossbow • Ice Rifle • Compound Bow • Tesla Rifle • Flamethrower • Freezethrower • M2 Flamethrower|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.