The crossbow is a projectile weapon that costs $10,000 and requires the Pirates vs Ninjas gamepass to purchase. The crossbow fires bolts which are affected by gravity the longer they're in the air.
The crossbow is a very efficient weapon with great single target damage, excellent ammo economy, and high money drop. The only big downside is aiming for the head with a projectile weapon, which could be a deal breaker for most people.
|Ammo Efficiency||Reduces the amount of bolts taken per ammo missing, from the ammo box.||Ammo Taken -0.5||1||$3,000|
|Skull Breaker||Increases your headshot damage.||Headshot Damage +25%||4||$3,000|
|Fully Loaded||Increases the amount of ammo you can carry.||Max Ammo +25%||1||$3,000|
|Poison Bolts||Enemies hit will become poisoned, moving slower and taking damage over time.||Poison +1200||1||$7,500|
|Fast Hands||Decreases the time taken to reload your weapon.||Reload Speed +33.33%||1||$2,500|
|HV Bolts||Increases the velocity of bolts.||Velocity +20%||3||$1,500|
- Since the crossbow has a high headshot multiplier, and you can only upgrade the headshot multiplier and not the base damage, hitting the head is strongly advised to maximize damage.
- This may prove difficult as the projectiles have travel time and are affected by gravity. Purchasing HV Bolts can help alleviate both of these problems.
- Just like Flintlock Rifle and other single shot rifles, if the crossbow stops one-headshotting normal zombies, then it is advised to switch to a different weapon.
- A level 4 Deep Mags perk will increase the magazine size of the crossbow from 1 to 2. This is extremely helpful as the full magazine is loaded all at once, effectively halfing your reload downtime.
- This is the first projectile weapon that is not explosive. The second being Ice Rifle.
- Flare Gun may only have an initial blast radius of 4 studs, but it's still an explosion of some sort.
- Due to the latent nature of projectile weapons, a bolt from a crossbow will sometimes phase through a zombie dealing no damage. This is uniquely a handicap for the crossbow and ice rifle as other projectile weapons still have a blast radius when missed.
- With a fully upgraded Skull Breaker upgrade, the crossbow can deal 2400 headshot damage.