A well made 3 round burst assault rifle, coming at $35,000 it is an affordable assault rifle in the mid-game. The weapon is not used very often but, it will pack quite a punch. The reload takes a long amount of time so keeping distance from zombies is a recommended tactic. Performing Headshots proves effective with this weapon however its lifetime is short, extending it with upgrades will allow it to last a good long while. The overall recoil is quite low so hip fire or aiming down sights is great either way.
In summary a weapon well suited for a budget cost, lasts as long as it should and performs well. A good choice to fall to when lacking some firepower and suits mid game nicely. Headshots are a must with this weapon as a one burst kill is ideal. Keep distance and aim well and it serves well.
|Barrel Extension||Increases the accuracy of your shots.||Accuracy +5%||1||$5,000|
|Greased Receiver||Increases the rate of fire and reduces the delay between bursts.||Attack Speed +40%||1||$10,000|
|AP Rounds||Increases the damage of shots.||Damage +30||5||$4,250|
|Skull Breaker||Increases your headshot damage.||Headshot Damage +25%||2||$8,000|
|Extended Mags||Increases your magazine size.||Magazine Size +40%||2||$4,000|
- A base M16 deals 1,050 (2,100) damage per burst.
- A max M16 deals 1,500 (4,500) damage per burst.
- Buy damage upgrades in a way that ensures enemies always go down in one burst.
- As the upgrades are rather lacking, don't expect the M16 to last long.
- Keep in mind the low ammo capacity compared to other assault rifles.
- This weapon is very ammo hungry, try to lengthen its lifetime with the Shadow Rounds perk.
- Critical chance perks are a good way to bolster damage as each shot in the burst-fire can perform critical damage. The M16 at 4 weight is decent enough for making use of the Concealed Carry perk.
- It is an American Assault Rifle and holds 20 rounds.
- It's predecessor is the M14 rifle.
- It has 4 main versions, M16A1, M16A2, M16A3, and M16A4.
- It has several sub variants such as the very popular AR-15.
- It's carbine variant is the M4 series.
- The M16 is one of the few weapons in the game with a burst trigger, the others being the M93R, Laser Pistol, and Laser Shotgun.
|Pistols||Pistol • C96 • Flintlock Pistol • Luger • USP • Revolver • M93R • Python • Desert Eagle|
|Submachine Guns||Skorpion • Sterling • SMG • Micro Uzi • MP5 • MP40 • Thompson • UMP45 • P90 • Vector|
|Shotguns||Blunderbuss • Stakeout • Sawed-off Shotgun • Double Barreled Shotgun • R870 • Trench Gun • Shotgun • M1014 • AA-12 • USAS-12|
|Assault Rifles||M16 • AK-47 • AK-74 • AUG • M4 • CAR-15 • SCAR-H|
|Rifles||Flintlock Rifle • Kar-98k • M1 Garand • DMR • Intervention • Sniper Rifle • M24 • PSG1|
|Melee||Baseball Bat • Military Axe • Cutlass • Fire Axe • Sword • Machete • Katana • Sledgehammer • Chainsaw|
|Launchers||M203 • M79 • RPG-7 • RG-6 • Rocket Launcher|
|Heavy||BAR • RPK • M249 • MG42 • M82 • M60 • Minigun|
|Laser||Laser Pistol • Laser SMG • Energy Sword • Laser Rifle • Laser Shotgun • Energy Rifle • Laser Minigun|
|Special||Flare Gun • Crossbow • Ice Rifle • Compound Bow • Tesla Rifle • Flamethrower • Freezethrower • M2 Flamethrower|