- REDIRECT Template:Weapon Infobox
The Melee, also known as the Knife, is a special melee weapon. It is a free weapon given to everyone, like the Pistol. Unlike the Pistol, the Melee is not a tool, and instead has a special key ("V" by default) used to activate it. It can be used while a tool is equipped. Any upgrades purchased on the knife do not apply to any other melee weapons.
|Quick Slash||Increases the speed you can swing your blade.||+33% Attack Speed||1||$2,000|
|Sharpened Blade||Increases the damage of your melee attack.||2x Damage||2||$2,500, $5,000|
|Golden Blade||Increases the money you get from kills.||Kill Money +20||1||$200|
|Hungry Blade||Regain health through dealing damage.||Lifesteal +3||1||$2,500|
- The Melee has a rather short range, and as a result, one must get close to the enemy.
- Any other melee weapon is much better than the Melee, even when upgraded.
- The knife is not officially classified as a "weapon" according to the game's creator. This means perks which specifically mention weapons in their description will not work. This is why the knife will gain critical chance from the perk Lucky Charm, but not Concealed Carry as all other melee weapons can.
- Use this with perk builds to farm wave 1.
- It is much more common to refer to the Melee as the "Knife". In fact, calling it the "Melee" will likely result in you being perceived as strange.
- The in-game model of the Melee is much shorter than its range.
- The character uses the Melee with its left arm.
- The Melee still works when an akimbo or a two-handed weapon is equipped.
- Using the Melee will cancel reloads. Sprinting also does this.
- The melee will not cancel grabbing ammo however.
- Using the knife will not stop energy and lazer weapons from reloading
- The Melee will emit a trail while swinging. The trail is stationary relative to the global frame of reference.