The Melee, also known as the Knife, is a special melee weapon. It is a free weapon given to everyone, like the Pistol. Unlike the Pistol, the Melee is not a tool, and instead has a special key ("v" by default) used to activate it. It can be used while a tool is equipped.
|Quick Slash||Increases the speed you can swing your blade.||+33% Attack Speed||1||$2000|
|Sharpened Blade||Increases the damage of your melee attack.||2x Damage||2||$2500, $5000|
|Golden Blade||Increases the money you get from kills.||Kill Money +20||1||$200|
|Hungry Blade||Regain health through dealing damage.||Lifesteal +3||1||$2500|
- The Melee has a rather short range, and as a result, one must get close to the enemy.
- Any other melee weapon is much better than the Melee, even when upgraded.
- It is much more common to refer to the Melee as the "Knife". In fact, calling it the "Melee" will likely result in you being perceived as strange.
- The in-game model of the Melee is much shorter than its range.
- The character uses the Melee with its left arm.
- The Melee still works when an akimbo or a two-handed weapon is equipped.
- Using the Melee will cancel reloads. Sprinting also does this.
- The Melee will emit a trail while swinging. The trail is stationary relative to the global frame of reference.